Product description Giro Tyrant Mips
The Tyrant MIPS® helmet is designed to meet the needs of todays progressive trail riders. Equally at home on forest singletrack as it is at the dirt jumps, Tyrants attitude ushers in the modern era of mountain biking.
While the style is understated, the Tyrant boasts countless under-the-hood tech breakthroughs including Wind Tunnel Ventilation and MIPS Spherical technology. MIPS Spherical utilizes a pair of foam layers that work like a ball and socket to redirect impact energy in a crash. One layer is EPS, which is well suited to high-speed crashes. The other is a lower density EPP foam with rebound characteristics to address low-speed, roll-around-in-the-dirt-type spills. The added coverage of this full cut design further enhances protective capability, while taking helmet design in a new direction for riders seeking style over speed.
– MIPS Spherical is a pair of foam layers that work like a ball and socket to redirect impact energy in a crash. The system uses two distinct layers of foam within the helmet, rather than a single layer of foam and plastic liner. One layer is EPS, which is well suited to high-speed crashes. The other is a lower-density EPP foam with rebound characteristics.
HARDSHELL WITH IN-MOLD HARDBODY™ LOWER WRAP:
– The two-piece shell combines a tough outer hard shell with a polycarbonate lower shell permanently fused to the liner for durability without excess weight.
– Two different materials are used to manage impact energy: One layer is EPS which is well suited to high-speed crashes. The other is a lower density EPP foam with rebound characteristics that address the more common, low-speed impacts.
ROC LOC® AIR DH:
– Adjustable fit system enhances the helmets comfort, stability and interior ventilation while reducing the chances of accidental adjustment.
TOOL-FREE, BOLT-ON VISOR:
– Easily adjustable without need for tools or extra fiddling, and offers plenty of vertical adjustment to stage goggles when you´re not wearing them.
– Vents at the brow line help warm air to be drawn up and away from your goggles to eliminate fogging, while allowing seamless integration with goggles.
CHEEK PAD VENTILATION:
– Allows cool, fresh air to circulate inside the helmet to help cool you, and to address sweat management.
– Channeled stack ventilation at brow line 14 vents with internal channeling
– Super fit
– Hardshell with in-mold polycarbonate
– Hardbody lower wrap
– Progressive layering with eps outer liner and epp inner liner
– Fit system: roc loc® air